PTSD IDES Timeline at NMC Portsmouth

mg1109

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hi everyone, I've been reading the forums for awhile and I figured I should post my timeline to help others who have started this process.

02JAN19- Put on LIMDU for PTSD
MAY19- Provider recommended MEB
My provider was a contractor/civilian who just began working with Navy medicine and I was the first ever med board patient she had, so there was a big learning curve for with the process/paperwork.
26JUN19- Began IDES process/Met with PEBLO
09JUL19- First VA Exam
09AUG19- Last VA Exam
16AUG19- NMA sent, command strongly recommended separation from service.
~More confusion with my provider not knowing the procedure for this process~
03OCT19- Reviewed and signed PEB packet with PEBLO.
04DEC19- PEB found me UNFIT, forwarded my package to the VA.
13JAN19- PEB received ratings back from the VA

Now I am waiting for PEBLO to call me to review/sign for ratings. Seems to be taking 40-50 days from what I have been reading. My 45 day mark is next Thursday, I'll update when I find out.

I have developed incredible patience throughout this process. Hoping it will be over soon!
Any feedback/thoughts would be appreciated. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Hope you guys are having a good one!

Thanks for sharing. Best wishes.

Hi everyone, I've been reading the forums for awhile and I figured I should post my timeline to help others who have started this process.

My provider was a contractor/civilian who just began working with Navy medicine and I was the first ever med board patient she had, so there was a big learning curve for with the process/paperwork.
09JUL19- First VA Exam
09AUG19- Last VA Exam

Now I am waiting for PEBLO to call me to review/sign for ratings. Seems to be taking 40-50 days from what I have been reading. My 45 day mark is next Thursday, I'll update when I find out.

I have developed incredible patience throughout this process. Hoping it will be over soon!
Any feedback/thoughts would be appreciated. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Hope you guys are having a good one!
UPDATE: I just got a call from my PEBLO, she finally got my ratings back from the PEB! Going in to find out tomorrow, I anticipate that I’ll be accepting them. I’ll update again when I know more tomorrow!

UPDATE: 70% DOD / 100% VA

There’s light at the end of this tunnel my friends, any questions, please feel free to reach out. I anticipate accepting my findings, excited for this to be over.

UPDATE: 70% DOD / 100% VA

There’s light at the end of this tunnel my friends, any questions, please feel free to reach out. I anticipate accepting my findings, excited for this to be over.
Congrats. Was PTSD your only referred condition?

09JUL19- First VA Exam
09AUG19- Last VA Exam

UPDATE: I am going to accept my ratings on 13MAR and PEBLO says I will receive orders to retire for (most likely) 90 days from that date, so we are looking at June 10th for a retirement date. I'll have 20 days PTDY and 26 days of terminal, and that puts me at April 24 for my last day of actually coming to work if I have retirement orders for 90 days. I know there is something about retiring on a certain day of the month that is beneficial pay wise, could someone point me in the direction for some info on that? Thanks, hope you guys are doing okay!

UPDATE: I am going to accept my ratings on 13MAR and PEBLO says I will receive orders to retire for (most likely) 90 days from that date, so we are looking at June 10th for a retirement date. I'll have 20 days PTDY and 26 days of terminal, and that puts me at April 24 for my last day of actually coming to work if I have retirement orders for 90 days. I know there is something about retiring on a certain day of the month that is beneficial pay wise, could someone point me in the direction for some info on that? Thanks, hope you guys are doing okay!
What were your ratings? If you don’t mind sharing. Did you get them today the 13th?

What were your ratings? If you don’t mind sharing. Did you get them today the 13th?
I don't mind! I'm rated 70% DOD/100% VA. I got the ratings on February 27th and there is a 14 day window for you to accept or reject your findings, and today was the last day of the 14 days. My PEB lawyer advised me to wait until the last day so that I would fit another paycheck in before retiring. You don't have to do that, but I followed her advice.

Another Update: I'm stationed at a PSD and we received the retirement message on April 2nd, 2020. That's 20 days after I accepted my findings (accepted findings 3/13). I was anticipating a delay with all the COVID-19 stuff going on but there wasn't one, which I'm grateful for! Retirement message said my RAD is now 27 June 2020. My peblo told me to anticipate 90 days from the day I accepted my findings, but this is actually 106 days and I notice that it's a little more than 90 days in most of the timelines I've read. I began this process on 26 June 2019, so it will have officially taken a year from absolute start to finish lol. I know it appears that I am really fixated on days, but I am just excited for all of this to be over so that I can move on. As always, any questions feel free to reach out!

Updated timeline:

09JUL19- First VA Exam
09AUG19- Last VA Exam
13JAN20- PEB received ratings back from the VA
27FEB20- Met with PEBLO and reviewed ratings; 70% DOD/ 100% VA
13MAR20- Accepted findings
02APR20- PSD Received retirement message

Now currently awaiting orders, will update when I have actual orders.

Another Update: I'm stationed at a PSD and we received the retirement message on April 2nd, 2020. That's 20 days after I accepted my findings (accepted findings 3/13). I was anticipating a delay with all the COVID-19 stuff going on but there wasn't one, which I'm grateful for! Retirement message said my RAD is now 27 June 2020. My peblo told me to anticipate 90 days from the day I accepted my findings, but this is actually 106 days and I notice that it's a little more than 90 days in most of the timelines I've read. I began this process on 26 June 2019, so it will have officially taken a year from absolute start to finish lol. I know it appears that I am really fixated on days, but I am just excited for all of this to be over so that I can move on. As always, any questions feel free to reach out!

Updated timeline:

09JUL19- First VA Exam
09AUG19- Last VA Exam
13JAN20- PEB received ratings back from the VA
27FEB20- Met with PEBLO and reviewed ratings; 70% DOD/ 100% VA
13MAR20- Accepted findings
02APR20- PSD Received retirement message

Now currently awaiting orders, will update when I have actual orders.

Hi everyone, I haven't given an update in quite awhile. I wish I would have made the updates as they happened but here they are now.

12MAY20 - Received retirement orders, there were some service members that tested positive for COVID in Millington and I think that delayed my orders a bit.
13MAY20 - Started PTDY
30MAY20 - Started our drive back home to California from Virginia.
02JUN20 - Arrived home and also started terminal leave on this date.
28JUN20 - Officially medically retired from the Navy.
30JUN20 - Finally received my DD214, uploaded to VA.gov the same day.
20JUL20 - My compensation claim closed on va.gov, and I was able to see my rated disabilities on eBenefits.

I don't think I'm forgetting anything but if you guys have any questions, let me know!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I haven't given an update in quite awhile. I wish I would have made the updates as they happened but here they are now.

12MAY20 - Received retirement orders, there were some service members that tested positive for COVID in Millington and I think that delayed my orders a bit.
13MAY20 - Started PTDY
30MAY20 - Started our drive back home to California from Virginia.
02JUN20 - Arrived home and also started terminal leave on this date.
28JUN20 - Officially medically retired from the Navy.
30JUN20 - Finally received my DD214, uploaded to VA.gov the same day.
20JUL20 - My compensation claim closed on va.gov, and I was able to see my rated disabilities on eBenefits.

I don't think I'm forgetting anything but if you guys have any questions, let me know!
Congrats!!howd you get the DOL goldcard to complete your capstone for dd-214?

Congrats!!howd you get the DOL goldcard to complete your capstone for dd-214?

So I just went online and completed the tgps on Jko. There are a few and you can choose a path. Depending on what you do for the Navy there are various requirements. You likely need to make a resume/cv, work through the “gap analysis worksheet” and one or two other things. There is also the separation questionare on my Navy portal. Once you have this done just contact the command career counselors and You’ll be ahead of the game. They have an online training class you have to attend virtually as well. After all is completed they will let you schedule your capstone which I also did Via phone conference.

So I just went online and completed the tgps on Jko. There are a few and you can choose a path. Depending on what you do for the Navy there are various requirements. You likely need to make a resume/cv, work through the “gap analysis worksheet” and one or two other things. There is also the separation questionare on my Navy portal. Once you have this done just contact the command career counselors and You’ll be ahead of the game. They have an online training class you have to attend virtually as well. After all is completed they will let you schedule your capstone which I also did Via phone conference.
Thank you, I’ll take this into consideration!!