19 Feb 2024 - C&P Exams complete
21 Feb 2024 - NARSUM & NMA signed and submitted
21 Feb 2024 - VA in decision phase
23 Feb 2024 - DES attorney meeting
27 Feb 2024 - Submit Rebuttal
29 Feb 2024 - surrebuttal received
7 Mar 2024 - MEB complete
12 Mar 2024 - PEB accept for action

PEBLO said to expect “no less than 3 months for findings. Then 6 to 8 weeks for processing.”

Does this sound accurate at all? I know it isn’t a quick process but this seems excessive and I will have to extend.

Does the VA do their processes simultaneously as the PEB does theirs?

This is my timeline so far:

18 Nov 2022 - referred to MEB

PEBLO said to expect “no less than 3 months for findings. Then 6 to 8 weeks for processing.”

Does this sound accurate at all? I know it isn’t a quick process but this seems excessive and I will have to extend.

I got told a similar timeline. I think they give you the max possible timelines so they don't seem late. The VA seemed to start processing my claim simultaneously and was closed 7 days after my case was accepted by the PEB. You can check the VA stuff on either the VA app or the VA website, you won't see the claim processing but suddenly it will be on there is as a closed claim. Once it is closed you can call the VA and as to get your proposed disability rating emailed to you.

I got accepted in October and didn't sign until February. The holidays played a factor for sure, but it was about three and a half months then 4ish weeks for my new EAS. The VA and the Peb unfortunately don't seem to work in conjunction, they go back and forth. Things seem to be a bit faster than when I went through, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the 3-ish months and then the 6-ish weeks. Every case is different, and you could get unlucky. I'd take the time to check out in advance and complete any separation requirements and take full advantage of any advisors on your base.

In regards to extending, they will have do you a specific medical extension, probably for three months at a time. That's what they did for me. I am 137 days past my original EAS as of today. It isn't a factor in regards to expediting your process.

My PEB got accepted 20 Nov 23
Findings 12 Mar 24

Update and some changed dates:

8 Mar 2024 - PEB accept for action
28 Mar 2024 - VA Claim closed

I found out I was in the parallel rating system last week. So the VA completed my claim without findings from the PEB.

Since my last post, I had received my proposed ratings from the VA. It took one call and they sent it over email.
I spoke to VA again today to ask if the PEB has requested my ratings since that would mean they found me unfit, they did not have an answer. They did explain there was an issue with my records so I called the MSC.
The MSC told me I was found UNFIT on April 5th and the PEB started matching up my ratings on the 9th.
This was great news to hear and based off other people's timelines and a lot receiving their findings, I am thinking I will have a full answer in about 30 days.

This shows even more that the MSC is a great resource for more information if the PEBLO does not have much.

Since my last post, I had received my proposed ratings from the VA. It took one call and they sent it over email.
I spoke to VA again today to ask if the PEB has requested my ratings since that would mean they found me unfit, they did not have an answer. They did explain there was an issue with my records so I called the MSC.
The MSC told me I was found UNFIT on April 5th and the PEB started matching up my ratings on the 9th.
This was great news to hear and based off other people's timelines and a lot receiving their findings, I am thinking I will have a full answer in about 30 days.

This shows even more that the MSC is a great resource for more information if the PEBLO does not have much.
I wasn’t as lucky with my MSC and to this day can’t think of anything she’s helped me with throughout the process besides raising my blood pressure. Glad you have had a positive experience!