Seattle Regional VA Timelines:

Status
Not open for further replies.
So
I have written plenty of letters and did congressionals. I give up . 5 years this shit been stressing me out. No more. I am done even bothering with it. Fucked up thing is , I have to stay in army until BVA finishes my appeal which averages years and I will be way past my contract date cause I am in IDES program. Fucking stupid. Cant ETS while in a med board. UNcle Sam fucks me again!
Sorry to hear this, keep it up and keep writing those letters. Hope everything works out.

So, I am thinking that I'm approximately 2 weeks from PEBLO Joe calling me to sign (or not) my 199.
What shall I take with me that will make things smooth and as quickly as can be? I am AGR, so I have access to everything and can put everything to disk; I believe now is the time to be preparing any needed documents.
It is my current belief that as AGR, all I have to clear is Finance and the Transition Processing Office. But, I do digress, a bit: PEBLO Joe told me that I sign, clear finance and I'm done, verified correct by my state AGR Office. I don't know why they didn't mention TransPro. Maybe they need me stop and apply some educational ointment to their chapped knowledge when I'm done? I'm processing out through Fort Campbell, KY.

Promotion question: What does the promotion mean or do? PEBLO Joe told me that it means nothing to pay and I can't put it on. So, it's just a goodbye kiss going out the door after a 27 year marriage that didn't end so well?

Needless to say, I did read previous posts, but I do wonder if there are any changes. I seriously cannot see a need to take more than my last LES, my latest NGB-23, myself listed on the promotion list and my ID card. Oh yes, and just for good measure I am definitely taking my working copy of my 1405 Time (This adds my RC time to my AD time that gives me over 20 years of AD total. 8 RC years gave me 460 AD points, 20 years of AD verified 28 June) and my clear CIF record...

This is good information for many readers and current members as many of us have recently moved on to Pending Decision Approval.

Any and all replies are welcome and appreciated. If posting for AGR or Regular Army please mention, but please answer for all, not just me. As AGR, I'm not going to have clearing papers to have to run all over post collecting ink from rubber stamps.

- p -

I been in the army almost 8 years now and getting Medboarded for my shoulder undergoing three shoulder surgries and im currently awaiting my percentages my PEBLO told me the most i will probably get from the army is severeance pay which i am fine with that my only issue is that since i been told i was getting medboarded i had put in many appilcations I was giving a job and i was wondering is there way i can be put in WTB closer to my home of record and be put on some kind of NG/Active Status to continue my civiilain job i was offered I read someone had did the same thing is that possible?

I been in the army almost 8 years now and getting Medboarded for my shoulder undergoing three shoulder surgries and im currently awaiting my percentages my PEBLO told me the most i will probably get from the army is severeance pay which i am fine with that my only issue is that since i been told i was getting medboarded i had put in many appilcations I was giving a job and i was wondering is there way i can be put in WTB closer to my home of record and be put on some kind of NG/Active Status to continue my civiilain job i was offered I read someone had did the same thing is that possible?

Do you know what a run-on sentence is?

thanks comat eng im really just new to this and didnt know proper english was required to help an fellow comrade

Post was pointless bro, how is it helping him with his ??

Because he's transfering from the military to the civilian world and unless his goal is to work the drive thru window of Burger King, he'll get eaten alive with communication skills like that.

Because he's transfering from the military to the civilian world and unless his goal is to work the drive thru window of Burger King, he'll get eaten alive with communication skills like that.

this is not a job interview i was asking for help?! I think im far aware of the issue of communicating skills i do have a college degree. You could came off more understanding since im trying to break myself away from this military world.. And i already have a job offer so i guess the civilian world aint to bad for my so called poor communication skills.[/quote]

Well good luck with all that.

You're going to need to post some more info for anyone to help you though. You're asking for quite a bit. What's your timeline? Where are you now? What's your home of record?

Well good luck with all that.

You're going to need to post some more info for anyone to help you though. You're asking for quite a bit. What's your timeline? Where are you now? What's your home of record?

Thank you ... Right now my packet is sitting at washington for percentages and my peblo told me it could take up until the end of the year to hear anything. Im currently at Benning. My home of record is Parkton NC which is about 15 minutes from Bragg

Here, here, ease up, Chuck.

Christ910,

The difference between Regular Army and the National Guard is that Regular Army is Title 10 USC (United States Code, Federal) and National Guard is Title 32 USC, (State) . I believe what you are wanting is a high level approved transfer. Possible requests are unlimited in the Military (you can request anything). It is common for a soldier to request to be released from the National Guard so that he can join the Regular Army, but it is a large and lengthy process. The request has to be correctly written and justified and go all the way up the chain of command from his unit commander to the Adjutant General for the state, and, at each level, the request has to be approved. But wait, there's more.

For you, it would have to go up through your chain, and I think, to your post commander. It would then cross over to whatever state Adjutant General you would be going to and work its way all the way down to the unit you are trying to be assigned to. Anyone in the chain of command from either side, Title 10 or Title 32 can disapprove it and no reason has to be provided. Christ910, your request would be huge and your S-1 would have a cow trying to put the request together; literally almost an act of Congress.

Your request would be almost certainly be denied right away because injured soldiers reflect negative numbers against Unit Manning Rosters. As injured soldiers, we are holding slots that should be productive. Since we are disabled or serving with a Deadman's Profile, however you want to put it, we are a hold up to our unit's positive numbers in a Unit Status Report. We can't be double-manned per slot or put in an administrative holding slot. Commanders generally do not accept anything broken, and will not give anything broken to another commander. You can try, maybe request a compassionate reassignment.

Respectfully request an appointment your your S-1 actual. Let him know what you want and you'll see what I mean. He may be able to make it happen, might know a shorter, easier way to make it happen. You should be able to go to Bragg WTU without much difficulty. But, good luck; I hope it works out for you.

As you go through this process that we all know is difficult and time-consuming, remember smile before you talk to everybody; you'll get better results from your requests.

- p -

Christ910,

The difference between Regular Army and the National Guard is that Regular Army is Title 10 USC (United States Code, Federal) and National Guard is Title 32 USC, (State) . I believe what you are wanting is a high level approved transfer. Possible requests are unlimited in the Military (you can request anything). It is common for a soldier to request to be released from the National Guard so that he can join the Regular Army, but it is a large and lengthy process. The request has to be correctly written and justified and go all the way up the chain of command from his unit commander to the Adjutant General for the state, and, at each level, the request has to be approved. But wait, there's more.

For you, it would have to go up through your chain, and I think, to your post commander. It would then cross over to whatever state Adjutant General you would be going to and work its way all the way down to the unit you are trying to be assigned to. Anyone in the chain of command from either side, Title 10 or Title 32 can disapprove it and no reason has to be provided. Christ910, your request would be huge and your S-1 would have a cow trying to put the request together; literally almost an act of Congress.

Your request would be almost certainly be denied right away because injured soldiers reflect negative numbers against Unit Manning Rosters. As injured soldiers, we are holding slots that should be productive. Since we are disabled or serving with a Deadman's Profile, however you want to put it, we are a hold up to our unit's positive numbers in a Unit Status Report. We can't be double-manned per slot or put in an administrative holding slot. Commanders generally do not accept anything broken, and will not give anything broken to another commander. You can try, maybe request a compassionate reassignment.

Respectfully request an appointment your your S-1 actual. Let him know what you want and you'll see what I mean. He may be able to make it happen, might know a shorter, easier way to make it happen. You should be able to go to Bragg WTU without much difficulty. But, good luck; I hope it works out for you.

As you go through this process that we all know is difficult and time-consuming, remember smile before you talk to everybody; you'll get better results from your requests.

- p -

Thank you very much for the info. Of course the process is way to long lol I already recieved my unfit memo im currently holding a slot in the unit iam in now. i was never sent to Benning WTB way I have no idea my Commander llike my work effort to much i Guess. I was trying to see if I could be sent to the WTB at Bragg since my home of record is 15 minutes away. I know its a act of god but we all know transition to Military to the civilian word is a big change and i already got my foot in the door i dont want to lose this chance

Christ910,

- p -
He is to far into MEB to be transferred to a WTB, you need atleast 6 months of needed care

Thank you very much for the info. Of course the process is way to long lol I already recieved my unfit memo im currently holding a slot in the unit iam in now. i was never sent to Benning WTB way I have no idea my Commander llike my work effort to much i Guess. I was trying to see if I could be sent to the WTB at Bragg since my home of record is 15 minutes away. I know its a act of god but we all know transition to Military to the civilian word is a big change and i already got my foot in the door i dont want to lose this chance

Most of us on here have had to pass up on a few job opportunities waiting for this process. You're most likely too far in to the process to change anything. The quickest way for you to get out is to just hold fast and let the process run it's course. I know it sucks, but that's just the way this is.

I figured, but I didn't feel right leaving him hanging. Now he knows and can continue on without that thought rattling around making him wonder.

- p -

SO good news for me, my paperwork finally came back. I was reviewed on the 1st of November and paperwork was downloaded from the VA today. Need a signature, but should be done by Monday. Rated at 60% and should be out of Alaska by Christmas!

SO good news for me, my paperwork finally came back. I was reviewed on the 1st of November and paperwork was downloaded from the VA today. Need a signature, but should be done by Monday. Rated at 60% and should be out of Alaska by Christmas!
Good deal, congratulations.

Apparently the VA is going to get my documents needed for ratings to Seattle ASAP and have my claim rated ASAP since they made mistake. Now if they actually do this is unknown. But wishful thinking. Hopefully I can get ratings within a month. HOPEFULLY

Status
Not open for further replies.