Seattle Regional VA Timelines:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed my DA-199 this evening, didn't contest anything since I am being medically retired regardless and my military retirement pay is about $500 higher then my medical retirement pay so appealing will do nothing, except add unnecessary time to my process.

Signed my DA-199 this evening, didn't contest anything since I am being medically retired regardless and my military retirement pay is about $500 higher then my medical retirement pay so appealing will do nothing, except add unnecessary time to my process.
Your time line is quick, a few week ahead of you, this gives me hope that the end is near.

SO good news for me, my paperwork finally came back. I was reviewed on the 1st of November and paperwork was downloaded from the VA today. Need a signature, but should be done by Monday. Rated at 60% and should be out of Alaska by Christmas!

Indeed, congratulations! :)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

I just checked my eBenefits and it went from Gathering of Evidence to Preparation for Decision as of 11/23/2013. Found unfit by PEB on 5Sept and VA in Seattle received my paperwork on 11Sept. I'm beyond excited that I'm almost done now that they are working on my ratings. Can anyone tell me how long I should expect to have until they complete my ratings now that I'm in the decision phase?

Last edited:
I just checked my eBenefits and it went from Gathering of Evidence to Preparation for Decision as of 11/23/2013. Found unfit by PEB on 5Sept and VA in Seattle received my paperwork on 11Sept. I'm beyond excited that I'm almost done now that they are working on my ratings. Can anyone tell me how long I should expect to have until they complete my ratings now that I'm in the decision phase?
We are approaching the holidays so unfortunately things are going to slow a bit. I am also unsure of how the VA overtime cut backs are going to start affecting the process. I was found unfit early in August so hopefully two months or less and you should have an answer.

Woooo freakin' hooooo!!!! My claim just went to Preparation for decision!!! I login to ebennies periodically thoroughly expecting there to be no change, but today I was pleasantly surprised! The excitement made me short of breath, quickened heart rate and I scared my kids because I screamed lol. My packet went to the VA on 5 AUG, so the 120 +/- a few is pretty accurate (im many cases).

Woooo freakin' hooooo!!!! My claim just went to Preparation for decision!!! I login to ebennies periodically thoroughly expecting there to be no change, but today I was pleasantly surprised! The excitement made me short of breath, quickened heart rate and I scared my kids because I screamed lol. My packet went to the VA on 5 AUG, so the 120 +/- a few is pretty accurate (im many cases).
Good to hear, my paperwork was in prep for decision for about 20 days until I heard back, seems like the process goes quickly after that. Best of luck to you!

Good to hear, my paperwork was in prep for decision for about 20 days until I heard back, seems like the process goes quickly after that. Best of luck to you!
On IDES mine has at VA for rating seance 6 Aug. So I still have to wait for it to say prep for decision. All I know is that they are waiting on four conditions to get clarification from the VA Dr's. All other conditions are adequate. Just when I think I have a idea it all goes out the window.

From Germany

April 2012 - MEB/IDES Start
May 2012 - PHYSICAL
May 2012 - NARSUM
May 2012 - FORWARDED TO VA
October 2013 - FORWARDED TO RATER
November 2013 - FORWARDED TO PEB
November 2013 ..........

God Bless my PEBLO. He has answered every phone and email. He has called me twice to say that there was no change. This morning he called me to let tme know that
VA SENT MY RATINGS TO THE PEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
But, he still wouldn't tell me what me ratings are...rrrrrrrrrbast...

HELP!!!
So, how long will my case be at the PEB before they send them and the 199 to the PEBLO?
I have to do a DTS and still don't know what administrative paperwork I need to take with me. Any help appreciated

-Shane

ATA BOY Shane!!!

Shane: I sent you a response but I wanted to put it out there for the rest of the board following right now.

Checking the prior posts of my timeline, most recently. This is information coming from my paperwork I got back from my PEBLO and my DA199.

• 13 August 2013: PEB unfit and packet forwarded to VA in Seattle.
  • 1 November 2013: Ebenefits changed status to pending decision approval.
  • 22 November 2013: PEB convened to agree with ratings sent from VA.
  • 22 November 2013: PEBLO handed me DA199 to sign.

So somewhere in between the 1st and the 22nd is when the VA gave me my ratings before sending it back to the PBE for confirmation. Hope this information helps people out.

Great news Shane. Its another waiting game but its the worst kind. You can see the end of the tunnel and you know you'll be running hard once you reach the end of it but YOURE STILL NOT THERE YET!!! I've been in the same boat for a couple of weeks. IDES Dashboard says it completed my ratings 7 NOV but the PEB has only had them for 11 days now. The math doesnt add up.

This has to be karma. For years, I've told Soldiers waiting on me that if I'm not there in 10 minutes, just wait longer. I guess I'll just wait longer.

Last edited:
Wonderful news for you but it just frustrates me further.

Sent to VA Seattle: 11 JUL 13
Competed ratings: 7 NOV 13
STILL waiting for PEB to finish whatever they do: currently
Ebenefits has never changed from "Gathering of evidence".

My PEBLO said it could be any day now and has said that for the last 2 weeks.
This is the most frustrating part of this process. People who started it after others get their ratings 1st. There is no way for anyone to check your exact status or length of wait time due to the redtape and "smoke and mirrors" that seem to be intentionally placed between us and our futures. Part of me wants to go sit in my PEBLOs office until I get my ratings but I know that isnt appropriate (he and his secretary are awesome and I know its not their fault).

This has to be karma. For years, I've told Soldiers waiting on me that if I'm not there in 10 minutes, just wait longer. I guess I'll just wait longer.

Maybe we should get a group together and go sit in the VA Office in Seattle. They are the ones who suck.

I'm not nearly as far along, but it is frustrating when we are all told they do things in the order of which they receive claims, but then we find out that that is not true when people who get their unfit rating after you get ratings before you. Then they say that some peoples cases are less complicated than others, which isn't true either, considering I personally have 1 unfit condition yet am still waiting.

It's a game of chance and luck for whichever pile your packet gets put in to. That's all.

Maybe we should get a group together and go sit in the VA Office in Seattle. They are the ones who suck.

I'm not nearly as far along, but it is frustrating when we are all told they do things in the order of which they receive claims, but then we find out that that is not true when people who get their unfit rating after you get ratings before you. Then they say that some peoples cases are less complicated than others, which isn't true either, considering I personally have 1 unfit condition yet am still waiting.

It's a game of chance and luck for whichever pile your packet gets put in to. That's all.

They do handle them in the order they are received, and since their are more than one rater handling claims it means some raters are faster than others, and it doesn't matter whether you have 1 condition or 50, they can't rate a claim until it's in front of them, I'm sure when they come across your claim it will be down in a timely matter

Sometimes it's best for claims to take its time and not be rushed, less rushed claims means less appeals/reconsideration

So I emailed my Congrassman and both senators. My ebenefits has not changed, still has file opened 06 June 2013. IDES has it at the VA Ratings for 113 days on this step. I really want some solid timelines. This is frustrating not having anyone know anything.

They do handle them in the order they are received, and since their are more than one rater handling claims it means some raters are faster than others, and it doesn't matter whether you have 1 condition or 50, they can't rate a claim until it's in front of them, I'm sure when they come across your claim it will be down in a timely matter

Sometimes it's best for claims to take its time and not be rushed, less rushed claims means less appeals/reconsideration

You're a dbag. Why are you such an apologist for this system? Considering it took 3 whole months for you to get your ratings from the start of your MEB, you really have no right to tell people to be patient.

You're a dbag. Why are you such an apologist for this system? Considering it took 3 whole months for you to get your ratings from the start of your MEB, you really have no right to tell people to be patient.
Lets not attack someone because of a process none of us control over? You should really check yourself before you start spouting off on the internet. Everyone's case is different and that is no reason to talk to someone that way. If you have nothing nice to say then you should just stay silent.

Last edited:
Whao, why are you attacking him over a process none of us control over? You should really check yourself before you start spouting off on the internet.

I think I explained why. Everytime anyone says anything about how messed up this system is he defends it. Like I said, it's easy for him to do that, considering he got his rating 3 months after his MEB started.

If we all just sit back and accept this BS then nothing will ever get fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.