SSDI PAYMENTS

SSDI- I know no one can give me an exact amount.

I have 16 years of Active Duty (E-7), married, and have 2 kids.

I was just curious what is the the average SSDI payment?

Thanks

SSDI- I know no one can give me an exact amount.

I have 16 years of Active Duty (E-7), married, and have 2 kids.

I was just curious what is the the average SSDI payment?

Thanks

Your best bet is to call up the 1-800 number to Social Security. They can probably tell you a better figure as they have records of all your working wages that counted as FICA taxed income.

There is no "real" average on this as it is all calculated per individual wage-earner who paid into the FICA system.

Women tend to recieve less as a population group as their wages are not as always as high in the civilian work place, and they spent many years working unpaid labor tending to kids at home and so on.

v/r,
nwlivewire

NWlivewire is correct. Call them and see if they can give you a better figure. My best guess would be approximately $1200-$1800 month for you. You can also receive another 50% of SSDI payment for having a child/children.

If you have recieved your annual statement from the IRS it tells you how much you would draw at 62yrs old...... that's the number you would draw if you are approved for SSDI..... if it's last yrs statement you will have additional wages that will add to that number. Hope this helps, Good Luck ;)

thanks tough call; though jacked up. I actually honestly liked working but cant do it.

I know Brother, I feel your pain..... Good Luck and God Bless ;)

If you have recieved your annual statement from the IRS it tells you how much you would draw at 62yrs old...... that's the number you would draw if you are approved for SSDI..... if it's last yrs statement you will have additional wages that will add to that number. Hope this helps, Good Luck ;)

I meant to say "YOUR ANNUAL STATEMENT FROM SOCIAL SECURITY" :oops: it tells you what you would draw from social security (based on earnings and how much you have paid in) at retirement, but it is also what you would recieve in SSDI monthly payment.

Also remember you are not applying for SSI...... you are applying for SSDI. ;)

I thought I read that those SS statements were not being mailed out anymore. Their was a separate line on that form that stated what you would get if disabled as well as retiring. These figures were different on mine which makes sense since you would be claiming it early and not paying into it anymore. They did have a calculator on their site to estimate what you might get but I never used it, I just used my old statement and went with that amount while trying to figure out how we would survive.