SSDI

Social Security Office contacted me today in reference to my SSDI claim. They told me they would be sending a document that shows what I may receive if approved. They also informed me they have everything they need to process my claim and would be sending it to the adjudicators.

Questions:

Based on someones experience is this good news?

Do they usually send the packet to the adjudicator without contacting your doctors?

They may have contacted your doctors without you knowing it. I would say it is good news if SSA didn't send you for evaluations. Glad to hear your case is moving and wish you the best.

I submitted it yesterday they couldn't have contacted them. However I will hope for the best.

After applying they send a follow up packet in the mail that needs filled out. Could this be what they are sending you?

No they told me they were sending what I would receive if approved (basically spelling out) how much a month. She told me she was sending it to the adjudicator promptly and I should know it about a month or less.

Nice. Keep us updated. Also, if you have children, you could receive another 50% of SSDI award for them.

Social Security Office contacted me today in reference to my SSDI claim. They told me they would be sending a document that shows what I may receive if approved. They also informed me they have everything they need to process my claim and would be sending it to the adjudicators.

Based on someones experience is this good news? In my case it was.... they told me how much in monthy $ and back pay $, also the day of the every month I would recieve my payment.

Do they usually send the packet to the adjudicator without contacting your doctors? In my case I handed them copies of all my military medical records, treatment records and MRI's and Xrays. They had see a Dr that had already tested my cognitive function. All he did was fill out a form in SSDI talk vs Army talk.

You must have given them a signed medical release of information form? How long ago did you apply before someone called you and said they had everything they needed?

Within a day they called me; I filled out the online trash. Then I went in person to drop off my binder. She called to tell me she will mail a sheet that would let me know what I would make each month if approved. She told me she was sending it to the adjudicator ASAP based on the Wounded Warrior Program.

Within a day they called me; I filled out the online trash. Then I went in person to drop off my binder. She called to tell me she will mail a sheet that would let me know what I would make each month if approved. She told me she was sending it to the adjudicator ASAP based on the Wounded Warrior Program.

Well that Laddie is GOOD NEWS... I feel you will be appoved... the scenario is similar.

Can anyone tell me if I can apply for SSDI before I am actually retired? Thankyou!

That depends... there is a program for soldiers injured in the on going war against terrorism. Here's A Link: http://www.ssa.gov/woundedwarriors/ ;)

Check it out paying close attention to the qualifying criteria.... GOOD LUCK

That depends... there is a program for soldiers injured in the on going war against terrorism. Here's A Link: http://www.ssa.gov/woundedwarriors/ ;)

Check it out paying close attention to the qualifying criteria.... GOOD LUCK

Sorry to hijack, but...am i allowed to work a certain set of hours if I get SSDI? or, am I allowed to receive unemployment benefit along with SSDI?

Sorry to hijack, but...am i allowed to work a certain set of hours if I get SSDI? or, am I allowed to receive unemployment benefit along with SSDI?

Mike it's income levels... I'm not sure what they are but I think you can only make around $10,000-$12,000 yearly ("I THINK")... Unemployment is a different matter and you can always try a job for up to 9-12 months ("I THINK") to see if you could be successful while on SSDI. If you keep the job you stop recieving SSDI.... and work the new job, so I see no reson you counldn't recieve Unemployment Insurance and use their Employment Services trying to get a test job..... My Thoughts, Not Law :cool:

Special rules make it possible for people receiving Social Security disability benefits to work and still receive monthly payments.
A trial work period allows you to test your ability to work for at least nine months. During your trial work period, you will receive your full Social Security benefits regardless of how much you are earning as long as you report your work activity and you continue to have a disabling impairment.
In 2012, a trial work month is any month in which your total earnings are over $720, or if you are self-employed, you earn more than $720 (after expenses) or work more than 80 hours in your own business. The trial work period continues until you have worked nine months within a 60-month period.
After your trial work period, you have 36 months during which you can work and still receive benefits for any month your earnings are not "substantial."

In 2012, we generally consider earnings over $1,010/month ($1,690/month if you are blind) to be substantial. No new application or disability decision is needed for you to receive a Social Security disability benefit during this period.

Unemployment Insurance payments are administered by the state you call home or where you will be calling home if you have decided on a new address........ and $$$'s depend on which state it is.
All Soldiers coming off a deployment or active duty may draw unemployment compensation (factors vary state to state and if you recieved severance or sold back leave days). :D

Unemployment Insurance payments are administered by the state you call home or where you will be calling home if you have decided on a new address........ and $$$'s depend on which state it is.
All Soldiers coming off a deployment or active duty may draw unemployment compensation (factors vary state to state and if you recieved severance or sold back leave days). :D
If on SSDI applying for unemployment would be a lie because you are receiving compensation for being disabled, but trying to collect unemployment compensation because you are "able(not disabled) and willing, but unable to find work."

If you haven't been awarded SSDI technically you can apply and receive unemployment, but often that will be looked down upon by the adjudicator or Judge because you lied in the eyes of SSA. However, if you have to do it to survive, then you do what you have to do. The wording when applying for unemployment is different for each state, but you will have to claim money being received if asked. Some states don't count military retirement while others do.

If on SSDI applying for unemployment would be a lie because you are receiving compensation for being disabled, but trying to collect unemployment compensation because you are "able(not disabled) and willing, but unable to find work."

If you haven't been awarded SSDI technically you can apply and receive unemployment, but often that will be looked down upon by the adjudicator or Judge because you lied in the eyes of SSA. However, if you have to do it to survive, then you do what you have to do. The wording when applying for unemployment is different for each state, but you will have to claim money being received if asked. Some states don't count military retirement while others do.

Yeah, that's correct... states also ask if you are recieving SSDI when applying unemployment. :rolleyes:
You can receive income while on SSDI (up to $1010.00 per month) :D (see above)
Military Disability Retirement and VA payments don't count towards this total :cool:

Yeah, that's correct... states also ask if you are recieving SSDI when applying unemployment. :rolleyes:
You can receive income while on SSDI (up to $1010.00 per month) :D (see above)
Military Disability Retirement and VA payments don't count towards this total :cool:
Yeah, we are fortunate in that area. SSA used my last nine months of active duty as my "trial work period," so that could be another issue others may have seen. Not sure if you've seen it with others.

Yeah, we are fortunate in that area. SSA used my last nine months of active duty as my "trial work period," so that could be another issue others may have seen. Not sure if you've seen it with others.

They did try that on me..... they said I was working full time Army.... I had to mention that YES, ... I was still on active duty and in the same program that brought me to them in the first place. They corrected their paperwork and I haven't heard from them since......