Starting the MEB process

Ok so I tried to get braces a few months back and the CO said no because we are going to deploy soon or he would. My MEB is being started after my physical therapist does her last evaluation. Which at that point my PA said I will have my podiatrist, the physical therapist, and his eval stating I need a MEB. So I know I'm going to start it soon. My question is I heard it can take a yr to get out. And since I'm non deployable. Can I get braces while in the MEB process or starting. They said I only need them for 8 months and the CO will sign off for me to get them but will this slow or even stop my MEB process

Ok so I tried to get braces a few months back and the CO said no because we are going to deploy soon or he would. My MEB is being started after my physical therapist does her last evaluation. Which at that point my PA said I will have my podiatrist, the physical therapist, and his eval stating I need a MEB. So I know I'm going to start it soon. My question is I heard it can take a yr to get out. And since I'm non deployable. Can I get braces while in the MEB process or starting. They said I only need them for 8 months and the CO will sign off for me to get them but will this slow or even stop my MEB process

I am unaware of how getting braces will effect an MEB. Not many things can stop an MEB from happening whether a Service Member wants to have an MEB or not short of UCMJ. I don't see how getting braces would halt that process because isn't getting braces come out of pocket? I have had oral surgery in the middle of my MEB and that had zero effect on it. I am assuming you just need an approval or not that you are allowed to get braces being that it could possible affect your performance if any complications were to arise being that braces aren't a necessity.

Who said that it will halt your MEB?

The army actually will give u braces if your command allows it. It's just alot of post don't always have a orthodontist. Nobody said it would. I was under the impression once I started I couldn't continue being seen for medical reason unless I wanted to start the process over so that to would be added or whatever reason u r still seeing a doc for

The army actually will give u braces if your command allows it. It's just alot of post don't always have a orthodontist. Nobody said it would. I was under the impression once I started I couldn't continue being seen for medical reason unless I wanted to start the process over so that to would be added or whatever reason u r still seeing a doc for

Well, I don't know how to answer your question, but I do know that I had oral surgery during an MEB and that had no standing what so ever in my MEB.

Not true (I was under the impression once I started I couldn't continue being seen for medical reason unless I wanted to start the process over).