Submitting a CRSC package using NVLAP

What is your experience with NVLSP and would you recommend them when it comes to submitting a CRSC package?
I know that NVLSP offers free services but they don't accept every request for assistance.

My experience with submitting CRSC applications to the Army: I've probably submitted four reconsiderations plus the original application. My VA ratings continued to increase over the years and I also went UP-DOWN-UP for a 100% cancer rating. No one helped me with my applications. Opinion: If one can prepare their own tax returns, they can easily prepare a successful CRSC application.

The guidelines for each service are explicit on what is required. Just follow the instructions. One does not need expertise as a professional writer to submit a good application.

If you need help, a VSO might be able to assist you.

Good luck,
Ron

NVLSP is taking care of mine since 04/2017, was denied on 07 Feb 2020, now they are preparing my reconsideration.I hope they will resubmit in next few months.

NVLSP is taking care of mine since 04/2017, was denied on 07 Feb 2020, now they are preparing my reconsideration.I hope they will resubmit in next few months.
Hello @quangle1234 ,

It appears that NVLSP began working on your CRSC case in 2017 and almost three years later it was denied.

More recent efforts apparently began in 2020 for a reconsideration.

Comments:
1. Admittedly, my CRSC applications have been easy since they are Agent Orange related, but none (including reconsiderations for increased VA disabilities) took more 15 minutes and I did them myself.

2. Recommend you locate an accredited veterans service officer for help.

3. You can review the collection of CRSC info linked at the bottom of this page.
Collection of CRSC information LINK <—-

Good luck,
Ron

Last edited:
Hello @quangle1234 ,

It appears that NVLSP began working on your CRSC case in 2017 and almost three years later it was denied.

More recent efforts apparently began in 2020 for a reconsideration.

Comments:
1. Admittedly, my CRSC applications have been easy since they are Agent Orange related, but none (including reconsiderations for increased VA disabilities) took more 15 minutes and I did them myself.

2. Recommend you locate an accredited veterans service officer for help.

3. You can review the collection of CRSC info linked at the bottom of this page.
Collection of CRSC information LINK <—-

Goof luck,
Ron
I’ve dealt with NVLSP in the past and they told me that my case will take up to 3 years right before I started the whole process, I pulled out my case and submitted it by myself and received a rating within two weeks, they also told me that my case is not strong enough cause I didn’t have any CABs or my 199 form didn’t say that I was medically discharged due to combat, I pulled up the whole medical records and I started using each and every piece of information that has an injury caused by training/ combat and it was enough to get me 90% right off the bat

My 199 and separation order did say mine are combat related. My DOD is 100% for PTSD, 100% for Asthma, COPD with no CAB, and VA is 100% Total and Permanent Disability. I called them in Dec 2021 to ask them about asthma presumptive changed in Sep 2021.As today, mine is not submitted yet.I wait for them few more weeks before I go to American Legion to ask for help.Thanks,

My 199 and separation order did say mine are combat related. My DOD is 100% for PTSD, 100% for Asthma, COPD with no CAB, and VA is 100% Total and Permanent Disability. I called them in Dec 2021 to ask them about asthma presumptive changed in Sep 2021.As today, mine is not submitted yet.I wait for them few more weeks before I go to American Legion to ask for help.Thanks,
American legion weren’t familiar with this process when I was trying to get help filling out mine here in SD so I had to do all that by myself, maybe it varies from one branch to another, best of luck

The talent level of VSOs varies from post to post, regardless of organization.

You should find an accredited VSO. My brother had good luck with a county VSO in
Texas.

Good luck,
Ron

Added:
What is an accredited representative?

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) accredits three types of representatives—Veterans Service Organization (VSO) representatives, attorneys, and agents—to help ensure that claimants have access to responsible and qualified representation on their VA benefits claims. VA-accredited representatives must have good moral character and be capable of providing competent representation, and VA’s Office of General Counsel is responsible for making those determinations through its accreditation process. The accreditation process differs depending of which type of accreditation is being sought. An accredited VSO representative is someone who has been recommended for accreditation by a VSO that is recognized by VA to assist on VA benefit claims.

The VSO has certified to VA that the representative possesses good character and is fit to represent Veterans and their families as an employee or member of their organization. An attorney is someone who is a member in good standing of at least one State bar. When an attorney applies for VA accreditation, VA typically presumes that the attorney possesses the good character and fitness necessary to represent Veterans and their family members based on the attorney’s state license to practice law. An accredited claims agent is someone who is not an attorney but who has undergone a character review by OGC and has passed a written examination about VA law and procedures.

Beware unaccredited individuals who prepare, present, or prosecute VA benefit claims, or hold themselves out as being authorized to do so, are in violation of Federal law.

The VA Office of General Counsel maintains a list of VA-recognized organizations and VA-accredited individuals that are authorized to assist in the preparation, presentation, and prosecution of VA benefit claims at OGC - Accreditation Search.

For more information on VA accreditation, please visit VA.gov | Veterans Affairs.

Reference: Accredited Representatives Home (va.gov)

Last edited: