TDRL Returning to Duty

theallseeingeye

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So apparently when you are placed on TDRL you have the option to return to duty once you are reevaluated. Has anyone seen this happen or experienced this? I know it’s probably not common because if you have gotten this far you probably just take the seperation…

So apparently when you are placed on TDRL you have the option to return to duty once you are reevaluated. Has anyone seen this happen or experienced this? I know it’s probably not common because if you have gotten this far you probably just take the seperation…
You don't have the option. The military does. It's very rare. If you had PTSD and through therapy and meds you were completely functional then they would give you a zero rating and separate you with severance or return you to duty. That's one of many examples but as I said earlier its very rare.

Check out this post from a decade ago that may help give you some idea of how it works and how getting back to active duty isn't guaranteed or necessarily easy.