Template for Impartial Medical Review/Rebuttal

Good evening everyone,
I am currently in the Navy IDES process and I came to a disagreement with the NARSUM I received recently. One condition wasn't added to my list of referring conditions. I would like to see if anyone has a template of what a rebuttal/IMR statement should be. I already have a lot of medical evidence via medical records supporting my rebuttal, I am just looking for a template for the actual written statement.
Thanks all.

Good evening everyone,
I am currently in the Navy IDES process and I came to a disagreement with the NARSUM I received recently. One condition wasn't added to my list of referring conditions. I would like to see if anyone has a template of what a rebuttal/IMR statement should be. I already have a lot of medical evidence via medical records supporting my rebuttal, I am just looking for a template for the actual written statement.
Thanks all.
Have you consulted your assigned JAG for IDES. They should be able to help you with the rebuttal and or IMR. Also, why isn't your JAG doing that for you? Do they only advise and not write things up? My wife hired a private dedicated attorney so she just sent him the NARSUM and her attorney drafted a rebuttal for her to submit to her PEBLO.

I have consulted my JAG. They usually just advise and not really write anything up, it's on you to write your own statement and they'll tweak it a little bit.

I have consulted my JAG. They usually just advise and not really write anything up, it's on you to write your own statement and they'll tweak it a little bit.
okay. That stinks! Hopefully someone has one to show you!!!

I'm also curious to see if anyone has an available template. I should be reviewing my NARSUM in the coming days and wanted to proactively prepare for anything not accurate on the NARSUM.

If I can't acquire a template, my plan is to create a standard Memorandum For Record (Army) and format it somewhere along the lines of:

Para 1: All issues that I see are wrong in the NARSUM; I will be anal here and even document misspellings, incorrect dates, etc; I have OCD and a keen sense of attention to detail; my theory here is that if the NARSUM doctors couldn't even spell things correctly, referenced inaccurate dates, etc, I feel like it erodes their credibility with the rest of the document being at or close to 100% accurate; I could be wrong here, but as my case file moves forward to the IMR/Rebuttal/PEB, I want all entities to be able to see any/all NARSUM mistakes

Para 2: Specific errors that I listed in para 1 that I can clearly rebut based on evidence; example: maybe the NARSUM displays that I was never seen in a MTF for a certain condition and I lack a diagnosis; if I know this is false, I'll reference the exact date/time/location/diagnosis in my medical records showing this is inaccurate; I also plan on referencing Army Regulations such as 40-501 if applicable, or possibly even the VA's 38 CFR regulation (might not be necessary here as I haven't yet reached the PEB stage where the VA will begin to assign %s per condition; maybe I'll save the 38 CFR portion for if/when I request a VARR/FPEB

Para 3: My POC info with my signature block below

The above is at least my initial thought; once I get a chance to sit-down for a few hours with my NARSUM, I'll get a better idea of how ill approach my exact MFR formatting. I agree with people hiring attorneys for this process, but I also don't believe they're completely necessary depending on how much due diligence the individual does throughout this process; I personally decided not to hire an attorney and I've spent 1000s of hours educating myself, but my strategy may or may not be the best; we'll see.

Hopefully someone shares a template! Good luck!

I like that template idea, I created my own IMR rebuttal statement while I have been waiting for a template.