Uploading DD214

Good morning everyone! I know I’m supposed to upload my DD214 or I won’t start getting paid. However, I have no idea where to do it. I can’t find a spot on ebenefits. The only spot I did find was on va.gov where it shows an open case and my closed case. My open case allows me to upload documents. Any help would be appreciated.

From the eBenefits dashboard:

click on Disabilities
Click on the "view pending claim" hyperlink under pending disabilities
Scroll down a bit and look on the right for an upload documents button

Best of luck!

Thanks guardguy11! I got it uploaded. Will I receive anything from the VA in the mail stating everything is good or do you recommend giving them a call for verification purposes?

Thanks guardguy11! I got it uploaded. Will I receive anything from the VA in the mail stating everything is good or do you recommend giving them a call for verification purposes?

They should sent you a letter... but just for your peace of mind, it probably wouldn't hurt to call them and verify receipt. As to what number to call... I don't have a specific number other than the generic 1-800 number. If you have a number to get ahold of a specific office, please share!

@sw78...did you receive anything from the VA yet? Tomorrow’s my effective retirement date so I would like to know what the timeline is like once I upload my 214.

@sw78...did you receive anything from the VA yet? Tomorrow’s my effective retirement date so I would like to know what the timeline is like once I upload my 214.
No...I didn’t receive anything at all as of yet. If you haven’t uploaded your dd214, I’d highly recommend you do that and give them a call. Them not having your dd214 could actually cause an issue with you getting paid on time. I haven’t called them yet but planned on it this week. I’ll post my update once I do...please post yours as well if you call so we know what they tell you. Best of luck:)

Thanks for the info! I uploaded my 214 this morning...let’s see how long it takes. Best wishes to you as well!