What is taking so long?

Mike32

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My packet was received by peb on 1oct2012 is this normal? i'am stressed out and ready for this to end! So i just keep sitting here waiting on my unfit, but my ebenefits says it was closed and notification sent on 27sept2012 im confused can anyone give me some insight?

If it has gone to the VA for ratings then you have been found unfit....you may need to get in touch with your VA MSC or contact your peblo to get further guidance

Good advice JMAC!

I received my unfit memo today do you know what the dxd and the v1, v3, v4, are for ?

Thanks to Chris Conn,

Section V (new 199)

v1 "No" = The disability disposition is not based on disease or injury incurred in the line of duty in combat with an enemy of the United States and as a direct result of armed conflict or caused by an instrumentality of war and incurred in the line of duty during a period of war (5 USC 8332, 3502, and 6303). (This determination is made for all compensable cases but pertains to‘potential benefits for disability retirees employed under Federa! Civil Service.)

v2 "No" = Evidence of record reflects the Soldier was not a member or obligated to become a member of an armed force or Reserve thereof, or the NOAA or the USPHS on 24 September 1975.

v3 "No" = The disability did not result from a combat—related injury under the provisions of 26
USC 104 or 10 USC 10216.

v4 "No" = The disability severance pay was not awarded for disability incurred in a combat zone or incurred while performing combat—related operations as designated by the Secretary of Defense (10 USC 1212).

Thanks do you know what the DXD means on the memo?

I don't show a "DXD," but I have a DX 1, Dx 2, Dx 3, Dx 4... (only one after each) after each diagnosis that is unfitting that refers to each diagnosis number under the NARSUM.

Guessing, if it follows after an unfitting condition, and it means the same as above. Don't know but do you have one unfitting condition? They may use that as a numbering code for a case with a single unfitting condition.

Yea I only have one condition and it says DXD 1

mines been in seattle since the 1st of december, i was told get ready for a 90 day wait since the system was already backlogged 2 to 3 weeks!

mines been in seattle since the 1st of december, i was told get ready for a 90 day wait since the system was already backlogged 2 to 3 weeks!
My rating were done in Seattle and I got mines proposed dec 31 so it took almost 2 months

But you have to stop listening to everything you hear as far as backlog and wait times, just go off averages

So if it says yes next to all the x1, x3, x4 that means its combat related right?

So if it says yes next to all the x1, x3, x4 that means its combat related right?

Yeap. Combat-related and occured in a war-zone.

I was told 150 to a 180 days start to finish does that sound right?

I was told 150 to a 180 days start to finish does that sound right?

Unless you are expidited, I don't think so, but it depends on the service and PEB location and number/complexity of your case. As a whole, the services are falling further and further behind on their PEB timeline goals (with the Army being the slowest). 295 days (10 months) is the offical goal.

(Unless you are expedited) If you have a simple case, and one referred (DoD) claim, I would plan on no sooner than the 10 months (from start to finish). I just completed my case (7 issues - JBLM), appealed nothing, but asked for a minor reconsideration from the IPEB and it took two years to complete.

To get the best guess-ta-mate on your case look at Huck's tracker:
http://www.pebforum.com/site/threads/2012-active-army-ides-timeline-tracker.17165/