Army Timeline

Georover

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
JBSA

05 October: ortho doc referred me to MEB

06 October: phone call with MEB doc and PEBLO

12 October: phone call with VA MSC (very helpful)

21 October: first VA appointment with QTC (also very helpful)

24 November: last scheduled VA appointment with QTC

NARSUM
PEB
FIT/UNFIT
ETC

I will update this as I move through the process. I was referred for bilateral knee osteoarthritis, though my MH is probably the worst of my conditions. MH doc didn’t want to put me in for a MEB, nor did they want to look at the service dog referral that I have, even though they said that I met the criteria for MRDP.

Will the PEB take into consideration non-referred conditions?

The PEBLO told me to be proactive with looking for a new job. I did and have an offer that I would like to accept. Should I ask for an offer of employment letter and give it to the PEBLO to put in my packet?

Thanks

JBSA

24 November: last scheduled VA appointment with QTC

NARSUM
PEB
FIT/UNFIT
ETC

I will update this as I move through the process. I was referred for bilateral knee osteoarthritis, though my MH is probably the worst of my conditions. MH doc didn’t want to put me in for a MEB, nor did they want to look at the service dog referral that I have, even though they said that I met the criteria for MRDP.

Will the PEB take into consideration non-referred conditions?

The PEBLO told me to be proactive with looking for a new job. I did and have an offer that I would like to accept. Should I ask for an offer of employment letter and give it to the PEBLO to put in my packet?

Thanks
They will only look at referred conditions for being unfit. However, if you believe mental health should be added you will want to build your case and appeal everything. The only way to get it added is at the end. When they give you your findings you can appeal to FPEB to add that condition. That is 1 of 2 ways to get your DOD ratings increased. The other way to increase your DOD rating is to request a VARR if you believe the VA rated the condition too low. Going into this make sure you look at all VA ratings and compare to your symptoms to get an idea of what you should get rated. Then if it comes in low you can request an increase. You can only request a VARR for an increase on unfitting conditions.

JBSA

24 November: last scheduled VA appointment with QTC (doctor felt the need to lecture me about not being a real veteran due to not being blown up in combat)

01 December: VA exams sent to the MEB

NARSUM
PEB
FIT/UNFIT
ETC

JBSA

24 November: last scheduled VA appointment with QTC (doctor felt the need to lecture me about not being a real veteran due to not being blown up in combat)

NARSUM
PEB
FIT/UNFIT
ETC
Thanks for the update!. I would report that doctor so that future veterans don't receive that type of treatment. That last appointment you had is unacceptable. I also doubt you get a fair examination with that rhetoric.

JBSA

09 December: NARSUM signed. The MEB added the MH conditions as not meeting retention standards and after confirming that the PEB will consider my knees and the MH conditions, I went ahead and signed the NARSUM. PEBLO thinks that the conditions will make me unfit and I should have an answer on that within three weeks.

PEB
FIT/UNFIT
ETC

JBSA

09 December: NARSUM signed. The MEB added the MH conditions as not meeting retention standards and after confirming that the PEB will consider my knees and the MH conditions, I went ahead and signed the NARSUM. PEBLO thinks that the conditions will make me unfit and I should have an answer on that within three weeks.

PEB
FIT/UNFIT
ETC
How did you know when the exams were sent to the MEB office?

My peblo sent an email informing me that she was in receipt of the exams and was forwarding them to the MEB.

JBSA

10 January: PEB found me unfit. PEBLO said that I should have ratings in 60-90 days.

JBSA

10 January: PEB found me unfit. PEBLO said that I should have ratings in 60-90 days.
Did you turn in a memo to expedite your process at all?

Did you turn in a memo to expedite your process at all?
No. To be honest, I’m just kind of going with the flow with this, but now that I know for sure that I am getting out I’ll be spending time looking for employment.

JBSA

31 January: 199 signed and sent back to PEBLO. I received proposed ratings last week.

How were your exams with QTC? Also going through MEB at JBSA and have my QTC exams next week.