IPEB Results tomorrow 29 July 2009

Greetings all,

I received a call from my PEBLO today and will be meeting with her tomorrow morning before my travels to WHMC at Lackland for my three days a week Physical Therapy. Once I get the results I will pass on early tomorrow evening! Keeping my fingers crossed for the best possible outcome and remain optimistic that common sense will prevail. Talk to you all tomorrow night with the findings.. :confused:

Hope to sleep well tonight knowing my future will be advised tomorrow..

Best of luck!

Lucky...I'm on day 92 with my commander and first shirt inquiring and still nothing. Basically my PEBLO's cant count and said my week 12 isnt til tomorrow and they still wont even send an email til Monday...but they can write a five paragraph email to my commander about why they are told not to call. This is just a ridiculous failure. I served proudly for six years, my enlistment ended in April...and now they just tell me they can hold me as long as they want and I have to deal with it. I dont even care anymore what my results are. I just want out.

I hate to say it but I am not surprised. I think a lot of this comes from how the Non Line officers are accessed into the Military.
The Military is unable to do the right thing 99% of the time especially when it comes to someone hurt in the line of duty, combat or not, they usually treat you like you are "that guy" trying to hose them over.
Its sad because most of the stuff I read on here is legit. It takes all of 30 seconds to figure out what the fastest way out of the military is with a guaranteed check.

Why would someone sit there and fight about their back when there is an easier way to 50%+ and a ticket home????

Good Morning All!!

First and foremost, I would love to thank Jason who made this site possible. I will say your inputs as well as others made it easier for me to get the research done and prepare for what could come back from the IPEB.

I officially got my results back today and have been rated at 40% PDRL and will retire effectively 28 or 29 Sept!!

TAFMSD: 24 Nov 1998
Retirement: Sept 2009
Total active time: 10 years and 11 months

30% Sleep Apnea
10% Left ankle (This rating surprised me since I had two major surgeries within the last few years on it.)

37% rounded up to 40%.

I will be starting my VA process soon and expect I will be well over 50%+ in the end.

This will not end me coming out here though! I feel for what I have been through I may be able to share info with those that are going or have gone through this process for a long time.

Total time:

Initialization of the process date: 29 Jan 2009
Final process date: 22 July 2009
Received rating 29 July 2009.

Hope to answer any questions and chat with you all very soon. :D

Jetster,

Congratulations! We are glad you plan on sticking around and sharing....

IPEB process time(was Re: IPEB Results tomorrow 29 July 2009)

FWIW...

Last time I talked to my case manager at the Air Force Wounded Warrior Program, he mentioned it was taking about 3 months processing time for AF IPEB pkgs in San Antonio. Since the AFW2 folks have their eyes on a huge amount of MEBs...they usually have a pretty good pulse on what is going on down there (besides being located right down the road).

Nate

IPEB process time(was Re: IPEB Results tomorrow 29 July 2009)

FWIW...

Last time I talked to my case manager at the Air Force Wounded Warrior Program, he mentioned it was taking about 3 months processing time for AF IPEB pkgs in San Antonio. Since the AFW2 folks have their eyes on a huge amount of MEBs...they usually have a pretty good pulse on what is going on down there (besides being located right down the road).

Nate

They are holding two boards a day up in the Physical Evaluations Branch. I have a friend up there that told me it is taking them 2.5 months for the board completion. Originally I was briefed it would take 8 to 12 weeks and my week 8 started on Monday and received a call Tuesday and got my rating Wednesday. There are times where it may take longer too because of the complexity of each case.

To add, the branch is still hiring more people to assist in the backlog of cases. I understand the frustration on everyone that has been waiting for so long, but I believe the PEBLO too has the ability to contact the IPEB office to see where certain people are in the process.

Jetster