PEB formal boards postponed due to Covid-19?

My PEBLO has informed me that they are currently not hearing any formal boards because of Covid-19. Anyone else confirm this? FYI was rated 70 VA and 0 DOD and was in the process of waiting for an appeal. Thanks for the info in advance.

That's pretty much what I was told as well. I spoke to someone at the Washington Naval Yard last week and they are basically postponing everything until at least May 11 when the travel restrictions are (hopefully) lifted. Best of luck!

Man, the backlog is going to be substantial. Hopefully they start clearing their IPEB backlog to compensate.

I work in the Navy DES system and we were told all Formal Boards are on hold as of 24 Mar 2020.
How about IPEB’s? Are they ongoing? Are they severely backlogged? If so, which branch(es) have the worst delay?

Best of luck! How do you know when a decision is made? Just through the PEBLO?

Well the more I think about this the more I don’t get the logic. I think we all understand the fight against covid 19 will be on the order of multiples of months. This is no quick fix. I don’t quite see how the PEB is just not having boards while this goes on. I am totally not taking for granted the magnitude of the situation but how can just putting everything on hold help anyone already at the FPEB phase.

Well the more I think about this the more I don’t get the logic. I think we all understand the fight against covid 19 will be on the order of multiples of months. This is no quick fix. I don’t quite see how the PEB is just not having boards while this goes on. I am totally not taking for granted the magnitude of the situation but how can just putting everything on hold help anyone already at the FPEB phase.
I definitely agree. I don't think anyone really knows what's going on with the boards at this point, but it would definitely be nice to get some information about it.

Update: I spoke with a Sgt who answered the phone at the Washington Naval Yard. He gave me the contact information for a lawyer who assigns attorneys for the FPEB, and can also help you find out your date for the board. I called the number provided, (202) 685-8385, and got no response. Now I am going to send an email to see if he can respond since he may be working from home. His email address is [email protected].

Update: I spoke with a Sgt who answered the phone at the Washington Naval Yard. He gave me the contact information for a lawyer who assigns attorneys for the FPEB, and can also help you find out your date for the board. I called the number provided, (202) 685-8385, and got no response. Now I am going to send an email to see if he can respond since he may be working from home. His email address is [email protected].
Any update? Were you able to contact them? And if so, did they help?

I have not heard anything back, yet. Hopefully soon. If I don't hear back, I guess its just a waiting game until we can get some answers from our PEBLOs. Good luck to everyone.

I have not heard anything back, yet. Hopefully soon. If I don't hear back, I guess its just a waiting game until we can get some answers from our PEBLOs. Good luck to everyone.

ok,the last info we were given is, 1- All Formal PEB boards are on hold. This will continue at least until stay at home orders are lifted. While the stays do not apply to the Federal Govt., it’s hard to get there without going thru a state with a stay order. 2- the informal PEB cases are continuing because they are paper review boards. and 3 - the VA has put all in-person C&P exams on hold. They will conduct certain exams that lend themselves to telephone/VTC but nothing that requires an in-person exam.

With the C&P exams being limited, eventually the IPEB will run out of cases to review. New referrals are continuing, but the exams aren’t being conducted. ASI tell my clients, we are in a holding pattern foe the foreseeable future.