DisplacedInfantryman11a

Registered Member
Diagnosed with PTSD and medicated at Bragg after deployment but somehow no paperwork on it is "in the system".

I've been on zoloft and mini press for over a year here at Fort Sill prescribed by regular PCM doctor for PTSD. Finally started MEB for airborne injury to foot, ankle, and PTSD. But PTSD can't be considered because I haven't been seen by behavioral health for a year for this issue...

Can I at least use the first documented Zoloft and Minipress prescription from December 2014 to establish start date of treatment for MRDP? Because that was over one year ago.

Or am I just screwed?

There is no reason why you cannot claim PTSD with the VA when your MEB is initiated. You may have some difficulty getting the Army to refer the condition to the PEB, however there are rules and protections which would allow you to appeal.

Diagnosed with PTSD and medicated at Bragg after deployment but somehow no paperwork on it is "in the system".

I've been on zoloft and mini press for over a year here at Fort Sill prescribed by regular PCM doctor for PTSD. Finally started MEB for airborne injury to foot, ankle, and PTSD. But PTSD can't be considered because I haven't been seen by behavioral health for a year for this issue...

Can I at least use the first documented Zoloft and Minipress prescription from December 2014 to establish start date of treatment for MRDP? Because that was over one year ago.

Or am I just screwed?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

In retrospect, since the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process is a performance-based system, one important factor is the impact of all medical conditions affecting the military service member's ability to "reasonably perform duties of his or her office, grade, rank or rating."

Therefore, your PTSD medical condition should be reviewed for a "medically acceptable" or "medically unacceptable" determination by the MEB physician regardless. If not, then you should invoke your MEB appeal rights immediately.

Indeed, I occur with @gsfowler's feedback; please ensure that your PTSD medical condition is listed onto the DoVA Form 21-0819 and/or DoVA Form 21-4138 which are completed by the MSC during the initial interview.

As such, the MEB physician must include the PTSD medical condition onto the MEB documentation for either a "medically acceptable" or "medically unacceptable" determination at that point in time within the DoD IDES process. Take care! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Or am I just screwed?
I to was stationed at Fort Bragg, but see I was prescribed Seroquel and Zoloft when I was deployed in Afghanistan. I was also seeing a Air Force psych doctor, but when I got medivac from Afghanistan to Landstuhl Germany. Because I tore my Acl and meniscus fraging all of 82nd Airborne Division and putting the the fire suppression system. Not only that I wasnt to be depolyed because I had a P3 profile and I had just had an ACL meniscus repair for my previous deployment to Iraqt. Sorry that I ramble. But my medical records somehow got missing. And the only thing that was left on file was the medication that was given to me while I was out of country and my knee. So when i got back to Bragg, i was with my company for like 3mths and then was sent to WTB. From there I kept seeing the doc. My medication was so strong that i was only in uniform for 10 mins tops monday thru Friday for 1700 formation. So it was like this everyday until I got out.
So now, PDBR has made a decision sent it off to the Army, APRIL 12 2016. I have 100 permanent and total to IU for 70% PTSD 40% left knee injury, right wrist injury 10% right wrist nerve damage 10% dominant hand function 10% due to left knee injury. The DOD 10%