Seattle Regional VA Timelines:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a dbag. Why are you such an apologist for this system? Considering it took 3 whole months for you to get your ratings from the start of your MEB, you really have no right to tell people to be patient.

It's ok I'm not offended I can tell by your post what type of soldier you are so it's not need for me to reply with negativity

Thunderchuck,

It is not being an apologist if your trying to provide some reassurance for a fellow Soldier. Again, we have zero impact on how the process plays out. That is why we all spend hours on this forum and checking Ebenefits and bugging our PEBLO's, because we have no impact. You can gripe and complain all you want, but it changes nothing. If you want to change the system get elected or go into the system. Look at the fact that the VA is overwhelmed by the number of military members after the wars, as well as bad management. They are still doing the best they can, or at least I have to hope that.

However, according to your feelings, my viewpoint might be useless because I also only took a few months for the process to finish. Does not mean that Combat Eng, nor myself did not stress as much as everyone else. Please show some professionalism that should have been taught to you as a Soldier.

It's ok I'm not offended I can tell by your post what type of soldier you are so it's not need for me to reply with negativity

Ooooh burn. The kind of soldier I am is the kind who doesn't accept BS excuses. The military teaches us standards and when people don't meet those standards you hold them accountable. That's why this process is so frustrating- because it flies in the face of everything we have been taught.

And Brett, I have no problem with people giving advice or help- that's obviously the reason we are all here at this website. But when people give smug answers and imply that they know better than you despite the fact that they don't, it pisses me off.

I'm glad that the process went relatively quick for the both of you. I sincerely am. And I am not disqualifying your opinions because of that either. I appreciate the advice of anyone and everyone on here. Just be constructive when people are frustrated instead of patronizing them.

I'm aggressive on here because its really the only outlet available to vent about the MEB. Don't take it personal. I apologize for being a jerk, but, remember, we're in the military, not the girl scouts.

Ooooh burn. The kind of soldier I am is the kind who doesn't accept BS excuses. The military teaches us standards and when people don't meet those standards you hold them accountable. That's why this process is so frustrating- because it flies in the face of everything we have been taught.

And Brett, I have no problem with people giving advice or help- that's obviously the reason we are all here at this website. But when people give smug answers and imply that they know better than you despite the fact that they don't, it pisses me off.

I'm glad that the process went relatively quick for the both of you. I sincerely am. And I am not disqualifying your opinions because of that either. I appreciate the advice of anyone and everyone on here. Just be constructive when people are frustrated instead of patronizing them.

I'm aggressive on here because its really the only outlet available to vent about the MEB. Don't take it personal. I apologize for being a jerk, but, remember, we're in the military, not the girl scouts.
I can completely stand behind that logic and reasoning.

Alright, today was a good day. Showed up on TRANSPOC today. Immediately jumped into action. Since I need to be out and moving I am trying to avoid the long delays to get orders that people are seeing at JBLM. I have succeeded in gathering all my documents and have an approved Leave form with PTDY to take to the briefing tomorrow. Hopefully, the powers that be comply and work with me.

Start Transition leave 13-Dec
Retirement Date 16-Feb

I guess I should put my timeline signature together...

Im not giving no BS excuses I'm giving REALITY, what some fail to realize is that the people on this site only make up a small number of the bigger number os soldiers thats going through IDES/MEB, many don't wait along as some wait thats on this site, and the majority of the reason the come to this site is because they waited longer than the usual they see

Yes my timeline was fairly quick but my timeline matched many of others timelines while i was assigned to the WTU at Bragg, when i went through IDES they want sending every claim to Seattle, they spread it out through 4 different VA offices so yea when i was in the system the backlog wasn't that bad till i retired and had to get my ratings finalized and i waited longer for my rating to be finalized than i did going through MEB

So no I'm not here to defend the system or make excuse for it, but its easier to judge something thats not understood

And then we all sometimes fail to realize that there are many factors that can slow things up

Specially a congressional, cause there rater has to stop what they doing and find that claim and give feedback on whats the holdup

Alright, today was a good day. Showed up on TRANSPOC today. Immediately jumped into action. Since I need to be out and moving I am trying to avoid the long delays to get orders that people are seeing at JBLM. I have succeeded in gathering all my documents and have an approved Leave form with PTDY to take to the briefing tomorrow. Hopefully, the powers that be comply and work with me.

Retirement Date 16-Feb

Make sure you get in contact with your MSC asap and get them your DD214 when you get it and also fill out the form for direct deposit and to get your dependents form fill out (if you have any)

Well, to hold them accountable is one thing but to actually do something about it is another.

Served 23 years, 10 months faithfully.......

Army Medical Retirement Rating: 75% (really 90% but max by law is 75%)
VA Rating: 100% permanent
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): Max based on work history and dependents

Timeline
23 October 2012: MEB Started
23 October 2012: Filed for SSDI
13 December 2012: VA medical exams completed (Fort Bragg, NC)
6 January 2013: MEB complete and forwarded to PEB
February 2013: SSDI disapproved
March 2013: SSDI appeal disapproved (hired a lawyer at this point)
April 2013: Requested a SSDI administrative hearing (hearing scheduled for 6 months later)

14 May 2013: PEB completed and estimated ratings received
June - August 2013: Retirement Leave
10 September 2013: Received final Pay
1 October 2013: First retirement pay, SSDI hearing
15 November 2013: SSDI approved (first payment and back pay December 2013)
23 November 2013: VA sent letter with final ratings (not sure when first payment will come)

Retirement Date 16-Feb

Congrats, we do not have a TRANSPOC here in Wainwright. So all I have to do is wait for my dates and do my retirement brief on the 6th.

Chuck,
Your Unfit Memo is about 3 weeks after mine. I was called today by my PEBLO and he told me my ratings were done and sent to the PEB. I'd say that in about a month, you'll be a happy camper. Yep, the system sucks. Go find some sunshine and wait it out. You can't throw grenades at a target that's a mile away and expect anything but a sore arm and tinitis.

It's all good or will be.
Onward, Upward.
Make it so.

-shane

Make sure you get in contact with your MSC asap and get them your DD214 when you get it and also fill out the form for direct deposit and to get your dependents form fill out (if you have any)
Why do u have to give the MSC my DD214 when I ever get it. When I had my only meeting with my MSC I gave him my direct deposit info along with my dependents information.

Why do u have to give the MSC my DD214 when I ever get it. When I had my only meeting with my MSC I gave him my direct deposit info along with my dependents information.

They give it to the VA (you can also)

Without your DD 214 the VA cant finalize your ratings once retired/separated

Also, you have to remember that your DD214 will be dated in the future. You will go on leave til your final date in the military and even though the VA will have a copy, they won't process it until the actual effective date of your discharge. For example, I gave them a copy in June 2013 when I went on retirement leave and it just sat there until my actual retirement date of 1 September.....actually sat there until November 23.....Then they finalized everything and my letter is suppose to be in the mail. I'll post an update in a few days.

Chuck,
Your Unfit Memo is about 3 weeks after mine. I was called today by my PEBLO and he told me my ratings were done and sent to the PEB. I'd say that in about a month, you'll be a happy camper. Yep, the system sucks. Go find some sunshine and wait it out. You can't throw grenades at a target that's a mile away and expect anything but a sore arm and tinitis.

It's all good or will be.
Onward, Upward.
Make it so.

-shane

We won't see the sun here at Ft. Lewis until July. (I'm kidding, the sun has been out for the past week now, but it's been like 25 degrees everynight).

Anyway. Yeah. Hopefully we'll see something soon. I'll just shut up and color.

Also, you have to remember that your DD214 will be dated in the future. You will go on leave til your final date in the military and even though the VA will have a copy, they won't process it until the actual effective date of your discharge. For example, I gave them a copy in June 2013 when I went on retirement leave and it just sat there until my actual retirement date of 1 September.....actually sat there until November 23.....Then they finalized everything and my letter is suppose to be in the mail. I'll post an update in a few days.
Rgr I understand, thanks.

My shit been there longer than all yours. I think chuck needs to get laid or something. Just sit there and "huury up and wait".... Otherwise chucky organize the military into a union and fix all the problems for us DBAG.

Greetings all,
I've been quietly observing this particular forum post and it's replies for quite some time. I didn't want to be another "so how long is it going to be?" poster...
One thing I feel I must say is this:
Thunderchuck, I totally feel your pain, but it's one thing to vent about the PEB process and another to give S@#t to multiple posters for one thing or another. First, it was grammar. Then it's calling someone a dbag...

I totally get it. Waiting is absolutely nerve-wracking and makes me crazier, but this place is for information exchange and help/encouragement to our fellow Soldiers. We're all riding this crazy train. Some are further down the tracks than others, and I think it'd be best to keep things encouraging and positive for all our fellow Soldiers.

Keep the faith Thunderchuck. We're all TOTALLY cleared hot on railing on the VA, the IDES process, etc...But please remember there are people who are dealing with mental health issues on this forum and their skin may not be as thick as it used to be. Last thing someone needs when they pop on here for help is to get the opposite of what they're looking for...never know, it may push them over the edge.

That's it...that's "all I got to say about that..."-Forrest Gump

Hang in there, everyone...we'll get through this.

Greetings all,
I've been quietly observing this particular forum post and it's replies for quite some time. I didn't want to be another "so how long is it going to be?" poster...
Thunderchuck, I totally feel your pain, but it's one thing to vent about the PEB process and another to give S@#t to multiple posters for one thing or another. First, it was grammar. Then it's calling someone a dbag...

I totally get it. Waiting is absolutely nerve-wracking and makes me crazier, but this place is for information exchange and help/encouragement to our fellow Soldiers. We're all riding this crazy train. Some are further down the tracks than others, and I think it'd be best to keep things encouraging and positive for all our fellow Soldiers.

Keep the faith Thunderchuck. We're all TOTALLY cleared hot on railing on the VA, the IDES process, etc...But please remember there are people who are dealing with mental health issues on this forum and their skin may not be as thick as it used to be. Last thing someone needs when they pop on here for help is to get the opposite of what they're looking for...never know, it may push them over the edge.

Very well said, and a great observation of people in a potentially fragile state. Remember these are not your normal joe off the block, we are all here for one reason or another. Let's be supportive and hate the system together without taking it out on each other.

Greetings all,

Agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.