script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

My Air Force IDES Timeline...

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Definitely not the norm. I initially was going to appeal my TDRL, but didn't want to prolong the process. I know I'll be moved to PDRL at some point. It's just a matter of when. My issues won't go away being out of the Air Force.

Thatguy1998

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Definitely not the norm. I initially was going to appeal my TDRL, but didn't want to prolong the process. I know I'll be moved to PDRL at some point. It's just a matter of when. My issues won't go away being out of the Air Force.
I feel that man, I don't think I quite understood TDRL until I found out I got PDRL. But I am very grateful I won't have to deal with the DOD anymore after NOV 12th

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I feel that man, I don't think I quite understood TDRL until I found out I got PDRL. But I am very grateful I won't have to deal with the DOD anymore after NOV 12th
Congrats to you. At first I was concerned about being returned to duty on TDRL, but I know that won't happen.

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If you don't mind me asking, what mental health condition did you get med boarded for?

BigTJR

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
If you don’t mind me asking have you received yours DD214 yet? Or atleast reviewed it, if so what did your remarks sections say also what type of discharge did it fall under?

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If you don’t mind me asking have you received yours DD214 yet? Or atleast reviewed it, if so what did your remarks sections say also what type of discharge did it fall under?
DD Form 214 isn't received until after discharge date.

Thatguy1998

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm surprised you were placed on PDRL right away for a mental health condition such as GAD. Typically see PDRL for Bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, since they are considered permanent conditions.
I guess in AFPCs eyes my condition was stable enough to put me on PDRL. I dont know how they make that decision. From what i was told my my peblo, TDRL=unstable condition PDRL=stable condition

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I guess in AFPCs eyes my condition was stable enough to put me on PDRL. I dont know how they make that decision. From what i was told my my peblo, TDRL=unstable condition PDRL=stable condition
As far as stability, I believe it depends on how extensive your mental health record is. Meaning, if someone has been going to mental health for about a year or longer with no change for the better, than their condition is considered stable.

For me, I went to my PCM numerous times over the years for insomnia and depression. However, I only consistently saw mental health for 3 months before I got med boarded. Now that I've been going to mental health for 8 + months with no change, my therapist said they feel that my condition is stable now.

I'll just have to wait until I get re-evaluated next year in order to be moved to PDRL. Regardless, I'm still going to get Air Force retirement pay and VA disability pay for the rest of my life.

Thatguy1998

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
As far as stability, I believe it depends on how extensive your mental health record is. Meaning, if someone has been going to mental health for about a year or longer with no change for the better, than their condition is considered stable.

For me, I went to my PCM numerous times over the years for insomnia and depression. However, I only consistently saw mental health for 3 months before I got med boarded. Now that I've been going to mental health for 8 + months with no change, my therapist said they feel that my condition is stable now.

I'll just have to wait until I get re-evaluated next year in order to be moved to PDRL. Regardless, I'm still going to get Air Force retirement pay and VA disability pay for the rest of my life.
Yea man you’re set up! I’m sure you will be moved in no time to PDRL

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yea man you’re set up! I’m sure you will be moved in no time to PDRL
Absolutely.
Not sure what your disability ratings are but you should look into applying for Social Security disability. That's what I plan on doing once I retire in Dec 2021.