VA Rating Step is delayed by 62 Days already !!!! Need Advice Please...

Ani_Vet

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was referred to MEB in Oct 2019. VA Claim was filled on the 07th of Oct 2019. I got my unfit memo dated 10th Dec 2019. As of today (25th Feb 2020), I literally have no clue what is holding my VA Ratings. I have not recieved my 199 yet obviously. Spoke to my PEBLO, he said, he has no clue whats going on and there is no way to even get any update. I called the 1-800 VA line and they said they are still waiting on the "proposed ratings", I don't know what that means. They told me over the phone to go talk to my PEBLO or MSR. I already participated in a CSP program and have a fulltime job lined up which starts May 26th 2020, they will be flexible with me if I get delayed, but it would be nice to have some idea as to how long its gonna take from here on.

Do you guys suggest any thing that I can do in order to at least get an update. I don't know, but I have a strong feeling that somewhere, someone didn't do a necessary step and I am just a victim of that and facing this delay.

Any suggestion is appreciated guys to get a status as to where exactly is the holdup or if I can expediate this in any way.

E-benefits and VA.gov are the only places that I know of that posts updates, albeit they are hardly ever accurate. Stay in touch with your PEBLO weekly.

If what the 800 number says is correct, your package is currently with the RO getting ratings assigned or it is with the SRO being QC'd prior to coming back to the service.

I believe that means your C&P DBQ’s are being rated.

Thanks for your inputs all. Is it normal for the ratings to be delayed like this ?

Your welcome, If they are complicated it’s possible.

So, I just found out that my proposed rating from the VA were done. I found out about this becasue I know someone at the VA. I reached out to my VA rep here on post. He said my PEBLO has been notified. Talked to my PEBLO who said he has to still wait on 199. Any idea how long will that process take??

Also, what after that?? How long itll I get out, asking cas I have a job offer already on the outside.

It is a paperwork process from this point forward. Once DoD has your ratings back it iusally couple of weeks before the PEBLO gets you 199.

Hello folks!!! I know the IDES tracker might not be the most reliable source, but when I try to access it it tells me that I do not have an open case. Why is that ? I use to be able to look at my IDES progress before.

Hello folks!!! I know the IDES tracker might not be the most reliable source, but when I try to access it it tells me that I do not have an open case. Why is that ? I use to be able to look at my IDES progress before.

It told me the same thing today so I called my PEBLO and she said the website is down. It kinda freaked me out lol.